Goal Zero Nomad 7 Plus : 7 Watt Solar Panel
Make It A Kit
Add these items to maximize your experience.
Charge your cell phone anywhere the sun shines. The Nomad 7 solar panel powerful plug and play solar panel that enables you to charge your handheld devices directly from its USB and 12 Volt DC charging ports. Built-in grommets allow easy attachments to your bag, backpack, bike, kayak or virtually anywhere.
The Nomad 7 Plus Solar Panel is full of awesomeness:
- Fully charge your cell phone in 1-2 hours
- Charge your devices via USB and 12V outlet
- Use the USB and 12V ports to charge your devices simultaneously
- Auto restart feature keeps your device charging automatically after a "lack of sun" interruption.
- Easy-to-read LED indicator displays strength of solar conditions. Receive immediate feedback on panel-to-sun placement to improve solar charging experience.
- Detachable magnetic kickstand for positioning the panels toward the sun.
- Weatherproof layering easily sloughs rain and snow.
- Not compatible with tablets.
Check out this Unboxing Video of the Nomad 7 Plus Solar Panel:
For use day or night: ADD the Venture 30 USB Battery Powerpack to power your devices when solar is not available.
Create a Solar Backpack with the Nomad 7 Plus Solar Panel:
What Does It Charge?
- USB powered portables : Cell phones, GPS, MP3 Player
- Collect 7 watts of power from the sun
- Fully charge a cell phone in 1 to 2 hours
- Protect devices with built-in pocket
- Durable weather resistant construction
- 30% smaller than comparable panels
- Only weighs 8 ounces
- Durable loops for hanging
What's In The Box
- Nomad 7 Solar Panel
- Removable Kickstand/Zippered Pouch
|Nomad 7 Solar Panel - Specifications|
|Unit weight||12.8 oz|
|L x W x H||
Folded: 6.5" x 8.75" x 0.75"
Open: 13" x 8.75" x 0.5"
|Rated Power||7 watts (peak)|
|Open Circuit Voltage||8-9 Volts|
|Solar Panel Type||Monocrystalline|
|5V, up to 1A (5W max), regulated|
|Solar Port (blue, 8 mm)||15V, up to 0.3A (5W max), regulated|
|Mini Solar Port (2.5 mm)||6.5V, up to 1.1A (7W max)|
A: The best answer: it’s weatherproof. We’ve gone to great lengths to ruggedize the Nomad 7 Plus; including beefing up the manufacturing process with advanced lamination techniques so it’ll slough off rain and snow. However, take care to keep the Junction Box dry and if it does get wet, allow it to completely dry before trying to charge.
Q: Does the Nomad 7 Plus have a built-in battery?
A: No. We made the Nomad 7 to be as modular and light-weight as possible, which means selling batteries as an optional accessory. You can either plug your phone or device directly into the Nomad 7 Plus, or pair it with one of our rechargers to store power for later (like at night or when you go inside).
Q: Is this chainable with other Nomad panels?
A: Technically, yes; however, we don’t recommend it. You can plug the Rapid Charge Cable into the chaining ports on version 2 and 3 of the Nomad 7. That being said, the increase in output would be incredibly minimal so you probably wouldn’t notice a significant difference.
Q: How does the Solar Intensity Indicator work?
A: Science. We can’t give away all our secrets. For real though, our engineers developed patent-pending electronic brains for the Nomad 7 Plus that ensures you have the best solar charging experience possible. Part of the electronics include an advanced current sensor (way better than a voltmeter) and unique maximum power point tracking (MPPT) charge controller to optimize the USB output. What you need to know is when conditions are right, you can plug a phone into the Nomad 7 Plus and charge it directly from the sun. You’ll know the conditions are right by checking out the Solar Intensity Indicator.